The internet has democratized Information but billions of people still dream of financial equality. At IOV Labs we are planting the seeds for a new global economy.
Our low-cost, highly secure, easy to use platforms harness and extend the power of Bitcoin giving everyone the tools to create and protect wealth on an international scale. With our platforms RSK, RIF and Taringa people everywhere will have the power to create and manage digital identity, build reputations, enforce agreements and engage in commercial transactions without intermediaries.
We dream of a world in which individuals control their data and privacy, participate in a sharing economy and thrive.
About the team
RSK Web Services (RWS) is a team focused on building a truly open and peer to peer Web.
For said purpose we are looking for a tech lead to guide the way of its blockchain team.
Our responsibilities are to keep IOVlabs and the blockchain ecosystem growing by designing, prototyping, developing, testing, iterating and monitoring each of our products with full ownership.
Our applications will have a hybrid architecture that will combine traditional patterns with blockchain in the search of a new level of performance for blockchain. That will be mainly used in shared economies use cases to bring blockchain to the masses.
We work with a technology stack based in solidity for smart contracts, typescript for APIs and scripting, relational and non relational databases, blockchain protocols at different layers, distributed services and many more!
If you love challenges, solving complex problems and generating impact on millions of people contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details about the company and the position, please continue reading the next sections!
Tech Lead Position
The Blockchain Team Tech Lead @ RSK Web Services must be strongly committed to meet product growth and company objectives.
The Tech Lead oversees a team of personnel focused on technical issues, including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. The candidate should be able to work with the team and inspire them to reach their goals. Will be focused on improving the team's work processes, implementing changes to streamline operations, and bring best practices from his/her experience.
Should be someone interested in agile and decentralized organizations and enthusiastic about the blockchain ecosystem.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor or advanced student of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Strong experience (at least 5 years) as a Tech Lead in a high performing team
- Experience working in blockchain technology projects
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge about software architecture principles, design patterns, performance, and software engineering best practices.
- Willingness to learn decentralized technologies and work on all layers of the stack.
- Proven experience in application development and evolution of the same product.
- Ability to permanently learn from new technologies and work on a team with many diverse projects.
- Experience with agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Advanced English language proficiency.
- Develop the short and mid term strategy with the area head. Identify how it is going to help achieve the area and company goals
- Define and prioritize the set of projects that need to be fulfilled to accomplish the defined strategy
- Define the necessary resources to accomplish the strategic goals
- Set metrics to keep track of the project's progress and validate it with the area head on a schedule
Collaboration (Outer Team Interactions)
- Be the main interface of the team with other members of the organization
- Listen to other teams needs and agree on a way and time to address them. These collaborations must not affect the strategy and goals of the RWS team.
- Ask other teams for help on projects and agree on a way and time to address them
Inner Team Interactions
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the team
- Identify and clear roadblocks for the team
- Be available for technical consultancy to team members
- Mentor developers by providing feedback and promoting best practices
- Make critical technical decisions that can make or break the project
- Agree with the team on a work methodology and ensure it is well implemented
- Set clear definitions and prioritization to the tasks that must be done by the team
- Break down tasks based on how complex they are to the development team
- Check on the status of a task whenever the task feels ‘stale’
- Computer security knowledge.
- Have experience working for objectives with remote teams.
- Have experience in static typing languages especially Java.
- Based anywhere in the world