We are seeking a Tech Lead strongly committed to meet product growth and company objectives.
The Tech lead in IOVlabs oversees a team of personnel focused on technical issues, including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. The candidate should be able to work with the team and inspire them to reach their goals.
Will be focused on improving the team's work processes, implementing changes to streamline operations, and bring best practices from his/her experience.
Should be someone interested in agile and decentralized organizations and enthusiastic about the blockchain ecosystem.
As part of IOVLabs you will be responsible for:
- Develop the short and mid term strategy with the manager. Identify how it is going to help achieve the garden and company goal
- Define and prioritize the set of projects that need to be fulfilled to accomplish the defined strategy
- Set metrics to keep track of the project's progress and validate it with the manager on a schedule
- Share the strategic vision with the team and the company
- Define the necessary resources to accomplish the strategic goals
Collaboration (Outer Team Interactions)
- Be the main interface of the team with other members of the organization
- Listen to other teams needs and agree on a way and time to address them. These collaboration must not affect the strategy and goals of the RSK team
- Ask other teams for help on projects and agree on a way and time to address them
- Interact with shareholders, customers and clients
Inner Team Interactions
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the team
- Identify and clear roadblocks for the team
- Be available for technical consultancy to team members
- Mentor developers by providing feedback and promoting best practices
- Make critical technical decisions that can make or break the project
- Agree with the team on a work methodology
- Ensure that the methodology is well implemented
- Set clear low level definitions and prioritization to the tasks that must be done by the team
- Break down tasks based on how complex they are to the development team
- Ensure that team members can add tasks to the backlog
- Check on the status of a task whenever the task feels ‘stale’
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor or advanced student of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related careers.
- Previous experience (at least 2 years) as a Tech Lead in a high performing team
- Experience in non-relational databases (such as MongoDB).
- Knowledge about software architecture principles, performance, and software engineering best practices.
- Knowledge and experience using design patterns.
- Willingness to learn decentralized technologies and work on all layers of the stack.
- Advanced English language proficiency.
- Experience with agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Proven experience in application development and evolution of the same product.
- Work experience in development teams with an iterative approach, dividing long-term objectives into incremental milestones.
- Ability to permanently learn from new technologies and work on a team with many diverse projects.
- Knowledge of blockchain technolo
- Computer security knowledge.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Have experience working for objectives with remote teams.
- Have experience in static typing languages especially Java.
- Experience working with Test Frameworks like Chai, Mocha.
- Ideally Uruguay but the location is not an issue, since we are hiring globally
If you are interested to be part of our technological revolution, we invite you to contact us so we can provide you with more information about our company and the opportunity to work withBack